Building control for modular houses. ?

albert

Hi We are building a  small modular timber frame house for a Self Build  customer in Scotland. The house will be build in the South West and will be shipped to Scotland in one section.  This job requires full 10 year  structural warranty and BC. The BC drawings are being produced now I wondered if anyone had experience in modular BC process or suggestions of company's that could deal with the two extremes in location of the house construction and ground works.  The house will be fully finished in our workshop and signed off by all trades after running up and testing and will then be lowered on to foundations on site. 

Any help much appreciated, we normally use Stromar or LABC  but I don't think they cover Scottish regs.

Thanks in advance A

I am not sure there is any option in Scotland but to use your local council for building control.

But you are not talking about building control, you are talking about structural warranty.

I am sure you aware that a portable building like this, may not need building control at all, if it fits within the legal dimensions of a "caravan" which it sounds like it will if it arrives on site as one unit.

Building control will be needed for any drainage connection or treatment system.

• Like 1

Yes that is correct most of what we do has to fall in this caravan  category but some  builds are actual mortgageable  houses that sit on foundations. [commercial product name removed]. The house will need full Building control as well as a structural warranty, all of these things we have done before in England but not in Scotland yet. We have another house( its actually an extension) going to Jersey where the same issues  may apply so any suggestions gratefully received   Many Thanks.

Edited by jack
Commercial product name removed.