Marmox Thermoblock

Just wondering if anyone has used Marmox Thermoblocks to stop cold bridging at floor/wall level? http://www.marmox.co.uk/products/thermoblock

My build will be in ICF and I intended using ICF for the rising walls too. The issue is I will have a cold bridge where the ICF rising wall meets the internal block walls and I was thinking instead of using standard foundation blocks with Thermoblocks to stop the cold bridge.

While I was thinking about this, it seemed pointless to use ICF for any internal rising walls and sleeper walls, but instead use foundation blocks.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Vijay

If you are building in ICF, I presume that your floor will either be a well insulated slab or some other, in which case it does not matter as your internal walls are inside the thermal envelope, are they not!  If it is on traditional, strip type, foundations then you have the issue, but then how are you insulating your ground floor from the outside world?  And you have all the cold bridges at all the wall floor junctions.

The floor is B&B. External walls are no problem, it's the internal load bearing block walls which obviously sit out foundations. I've attached a grab of the detail as it is now. There is no thermal break between the ICF/B&B floor and the block wall.

So I'm thinking of coming out of the ground in foundation blocks, then thermoblock and then the internal block wall

LB wall foundation detail.jpg