help please regarding permitted development

sorry if the questions seem stupid 

1 I plan on a rear single storey house extension that goes 3 meters from my back wall, how close can I build up to the fence line to the right of the rear of my property (semi detached) 

its a timber framed extension with cement board cladding , so I should not need access for maintenance 

my neighbour that side is a real piece of work and I know as soon as we start he will complain , so trying to get all in order first

2 how do I work out the height of my poured foundation in relation to finished floor level . thanks 

Under PD, as close as you want.

There may be some requirements under the Party Wall etc Act.

In terms of the new foundation and unless site conditions dictate otherwise, the depth is approx. 1m below ground level. If you have a couple of courses up to your rear doors from patio/garden level, the depth would be in the region of 1.15m-1.2m below internal floor level.

If it is to be a lightweight structure, you may be ok without traditional strip/trench fill foundations and more of a raft slab with a thicker toe but that’s for Building Control to confirm.

Edited by DevilDamo
  • Like 1

thanks for the reply . if I leave 200mm gap before the fence then am I to assume the rarty wall act does not apply as the Wass will be with in my boundary totally ?

thanks again]

they are like WALLS but smaller , ha ha ha