Architrave options for tiled wetrooms

TerryE

We are using matching HDF skirting and architrave throughout the house. Clearly we aren't using skirting in our wet rooms, but this does beg the question about the best treatment around the door frames into the wet rooms.  Architrave is one option, but I am interested in alternative suggestions / approaches that other have tried and fond preferable :) 

Not something I've got around to yet...

And we've not a wet room just tiled floor and walls but my tiler tiled and grouted up to the edge of the door casing. To be fair it's no scruffier than the rest of the tiling. Therefore I am tempted to just paint the casing and do away with having an additional architrave. YMMV. 

Edited by daiking

13 hours ago, TerryE said:

On reflection I've decided to use a thin wood profile say 25×10mm with slightly rounded corners as an architrave/ tiling stop.  Simple, not too fussy.

@Nickfromwales, you must have a standard approach for this :)

Painted hardwood is not a bad option tbph, and, as said, allows one to paint accordingly, rather than be stuck with whatever options are available with the plastic / PVC / metal 'generic' trims. I've seen wooden quadrant used in a half-height tiled bathroom, not wetroom, and it looked / worked very well. 

I am very much a fan of a pukka polished chrome ( mirror chrome not cheap ass aluminium stuff ) tile trim, but be ready to fork out £25-£50 and upwards per 2.5m length depending on size. Many people will instantly choke on that and say they're not paying those prices, but when your in the finished room looking at them, it's very hard to deny that they look absolutely stunning. 

• Like 1