My kitchen and living room is the same thing ? Calcs question

Hi,

I'm trying to work out my calculations for MVHR (see https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1VlLv9A2luor8IKdDZZsRVpD_ScxwSVAqbSB-vuwcLOM/edit?usp=sharing )

One things Im not sure about is that my living area is also my kitchen at about 52m2. On (an expensive) quote of got for MVHR they looked like they separated the kitchen and the living area (and snug). Basically they used half the area of the room to calculate the min l/s rate needed for kitchen Part F. Then the other side they are 'supplying' the same amount of air. So I've followed the same in my calculations,

However is this correct? Further to this I have an 'off room' - the snug with no door planned for fire regs reasons - (door is shown on the plans though) - we want a fixed, non opening window here, so this might fall under the 4 ach rule it seems?

On my plans its shown as:

616370950_ScreenShot2020-04-15at18_37_17.thumb.png.2b1c382ff564f3df4b9c6654ebfa18fa.png.

Do I need to count this all on one single room with a size of 63m2 for extraction 'kitchen' at 13 l/s ??

Does anyone know?

Many thanks

Edited by gc100

What I did for a kitchen / diner is put an MVHR inlet at the dining end and an MVHR extract at the kitchen end, and balanced the 2 so the flow rates matched so there should be no net flow into or out of the room.

The snug I would treat as a separate room with it's own inlet.

I would consider balancing so that snug + dining inlet rate = kitchen extract rate so no net flow into or out of the combined kitchen / dining / snug.

22 minutes ago, ProDave said:

What I did for a kitchen / diner is put an MVHR inlet at the dining end and an MVHR extract at the kitchen end, and balanced the 2 so the flow rates matched so there should be no net flow into or out of the room.

The snug I would treat as a separate room with it's own inlet.

I would consider balancing so that snug + dining inlet rate = kitchen extract rate so no net flow into or out of the combined kitchen / dining / snug.

Hi,

thanks - this is what I originally was thinking (though I forgot about the snug). I suppose my question is actually asking is: Buiding regs part F requires a min high rate of 13 l/s for the kitchen. What do they define the kitchen as this will effect the minimum extract rate needed for regs given the volume doubles for me?

3 minutes ago, MJNewton said:

Just to be clear; by 'inlet' did you mean supply or extract? I would expect the former for a snug. 

Inlet is supply.

You supply air to bedrooms and living rooms. You extract air from kitchens, bathrooms and utility rooms.