Self build and selling some plots off

Leigh-s

Hi, new to this so please be patient. 
I have a patch of land recently acquired, I’m planning on building one for myself and my ever growing family to live then sell the rest as services self build plots port Talbot South Wales I’m planning on using icf for my build hopefully 

thanks

4 hours ago, Leigh-s said:

Hi, new to this so please be patient. 
I have a patch of land recently acquired, I’m planning on building one for myself and my ever growing family to live then sell the rest as services self build plots port Talbot South Wales I’m planning on using icf for my build hopefully 

thanks

One thing I have come into a bit of issue with a multi plot permission is it was granted as a standard permission, not a phased development. 

I am going to be re-submitting as a phased development, so that I can build one plot and not be liable at that time for the CIL for all the other plots.

4 minutes ago, Leigh-s said:

Hi yes I am aware of this cil Payment and we are classed as individuals self builds for each plot. 

Yes but you need to make sure that starting one build doesn't trigger the CIL having to be paid on all the other plots, and you not being able to claim exception for those plots.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1

If all three houses are on one Planning Grant proceed with extreme caution. People are running into problems and loosing their self builder exemption for trivial reasons.

As @Moonshinesaid to qualify you must  accept liability for the CIL, claim and be granted the self build exemption, then notify the council of your start date. If you do any work before that date you loose the exemption. One man notified the planners of his start date by email and not on the right form. After he started work the council hit him with a £49k bill. It went to court and he lost.