Creagh Spantherm (Beam & Block alternative)

MrP

Hi all,

Saw this used for the first time on site today and very impressed. It appears to have addressed some of the thermal bridge detailing commonly associated with beam and block floors and looking through the tech specs it offers some pretty impressive thermal performance along with the practicality of trad foundations and beam and block construction. Also dead quick to install, as the panels come straight off the back of the wagon with a hiab and then it only needs grouting up - i reckon you would have a reasonable sized house done and grouted in half a day.

http://www.creaghconcrete.co.uk/spantherm/ho-it-works.html?p=277

Not sure on prices etc. - will be interesting to see if they are competitive.

image.gif

50 minutes ago, jamiehamy said:

They wouldn't quote me for 270m2. Neither would Bison.  I went with Tetris instead who were excellent to deal with and very similar thermal properties. 

@jamiehamy Is that because the size of your build was too small for them or too large? Or was there some other reason they would not quote? I would be interested as we are looking to use them when the time comes.

PW.

I got a price for a house that was previously designed for our site (I have since redesigned):-

196m2 Spantherm375 £8232

For comparison the same area in hollowcore 150mm £5840

Edited by vfrdave
Premature submission

• 2 weeks later...