Filling holes neatly in k rend

One of these holes is a mistake ?

Other one as intended . Would really like to do one of those really neat ‘rubber’ plugs that the internet guys seem to use when they breach your wall . Never seen how they do it but always looks neat .

Though I suspect the answer might just be “white CT1 “ ?

64A44735-AEF5-4951-9B00-1A572D07C811.jpeg

105964D8-26FE-4C3A-9C25-DB044CA9FB2F.jpeg

The cable entry hole needs sorting, with the cable re-routed so that it cannot lead water into the hole.  There needs to be a drip loop in the cables, so that any water that runs down the outside of them drips off away from the hole.  The cable entries I prefer for external stuff like this are these sort of bottom entry plates: https://www.screwfix.com/p/exterior-covers-pack-of-5/58284

You may be able to get these in white if you shop around, or you may be able to paint a brown one (not tried this, all the ones I've used have been on brick or timber).

You can seal around the cables in the hole with sealant, hidden by the cable entry plate.  The grommet type cable entries are not great on external walls, IMHO, as they don't allow water to drip away easily.

1 hour ago, Jeremy Harris said:

The cable entry hole needs sorting, with the cable re-routed so that it cannot lead water into the hole.  There needs to be a drip loop in the cables, so that any water that runs down the outside of them drips off away from the hole.  The cable entries I prefer for external stuff like this are these sort of bottom entry plates: https://www.screwfix.com/p/exterior-covers-pack-of-5/58284

You may be able to get these in white if you shop around, or you may be able to paint a brown one (not tried this, all the ones I've used have been on brick or timber).

You can seal around the cables in the hole with sealant, hidden by the cable entry plate.  The grommet type cable entries are not great on external walls, IMHO, as they don't allow water to drip away easily.

Thanks 

I was going to pull the cable back out a bit so it ‘loops’ at the base ; I.e to allow drips to drop off 

Will fill hole with ct1 once I’ve found a suitable white exterior grommet 

image.jpg

My electrician ensured that all conduit ran at a down angle from inside out and then filled with silicone before placing the fitting over it co it could not be seen.

Where this was not possible, he fitted an IP65 box over the conduit and ran cables from that to the fitting.

• Thanks 1

Bit late now. But couldn't you have fitting it so that the hole is filled with CT1 then refitted the (PIR?) item over the hole. It looks like the aforementioned item has a cutout underneath to allow the cables to pass behind it. 

Edited by AdamSee
orignally crap grammar
  • Like 1

On 13/03/2020 at 15:16, AdamSee said:

Bit late now. But couldn't you have fitting it so that the hole is filled with CT1 then refitted the (PIR?) item over the hole. It looks like the aforementioned item has a cutout underneath to allow the cables to pass behind it. 

Maybe . The mounting bracket doesn’t allow for the cables to pass through it . Cables are rather stiff so bending them to much might damage them anyway