Most expensive trade, you’ve had.

42 minutes ago, newhome said:

At circa 100k a week I doubt that he was too worried ?

Exactly, and i got to chat up his French, Model, stunning girlfriend. My biggest dick up was another Arsenal player, who when i was leaving, after a 3 week job, asked me if i played golf. I said no, and he said to help myself to a set of clubs from the garage.(He had about 10 brand new sets). I thanked him, but said i would give it a miss. When i got in the van with my 16 year old summer helper, he said, what's wrong with you, the cheapest set of clubs in there is £3k.....Doh

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Big Jimbo said:

When i got in the van with my 16 year old summer helper, he said, what's wrong with you, the cheapest set of clubs in there is £3k.....Doh

My OH used to do work for the rich and famous including several premiership footballers, and a couple of team managers. Lots of his work came from accountants too who seemed to have mountains and mountains of cash but they were canny about paying it out. And a few villains too lol. 

13 hours ago, Big Jimbo said:

Exactly, and i got to chat up his French, Model, stunning girlfriend. My biggest dick up was another Arsenal player, who when i was leaving, after a 3 week job, asked me if i played golf. I said no, and he said to help myself to a set of clubs from the garage.(He had about 10 brand new sets). I thanked him, but said i would give it a miss. When i got in the van with my 16 year old summer helper, he said, what's wrong with you, the cheapest set of clubs in there is £3k.....Doh

Those clubs may have been given him as a freebie PR thing ? .

I've occasionally run into footballers as potential property investors, and those I have known of have very much been interested only in the money.

I am sure that others are interested in enviro or nice-to-live or tenant comfort questions.

Edited by Ferdinand