PIR - which make?

gc100

Hi,

I will soon need to order vast qualities of this soo, and I’m wondering which manufacturer I would buy. Obviously I want to avoid shrinkage as much as possible over time and ideally toxic fumes!!

Has there been in long term studies on the different makes or is it best to play safe and go with market leaders Kingspan?

Any info much appreciated 

thanks ? 

Of all my various makes I have lying around this stuff seemed the most  “stable” in regards to shrinking and warping, I think it’s made in Ireland? Maybe I got that wrong but someone on here has used it for a house  build. 

https://www.xtratherm.com/products/xt-tf/

but as Peter says maybe it all comes from the same place with different labels on it !!!!!!!! ..... surely not

if I was buying it I would not bother with calotex  again as this seems the worst for warping and shrinking in my experience.
Others have not had problems with calotex but I guess they don’t have it sitting around in there sheds for 5+ years......... 

• Like 1

If your buying through a building merchant they might have a primary relationship with a particular supplier. We have done a loft conversion and a self build using quinn therm. Although i'm not sure on shrinkage as it's all covered up with plasterboard.

Really not much to choose between brands.

The main point is to make sure you invest in proper protective items (good mask, googles, henry hoover etc). Last thing you want is to breeze in a load of dust when coronavirus is going around.