Taptile

Onoff

Okay, so you hide some touch sensitive electronics behind a wall tile. What happens when it goes wrong? break out a tile and replace it?

Sorry, I am far too practical to build in something unrepairable like that.

(I could bore you with the story of the ready made shower unit I installed once, and how we had to remove the entire thing to get to the box of electronics at the back to replace a blown fuse)

But cable is cheap ... so run the controls to a common location and then you can change the control method accordingly ...

still like ..! 

And I have a PIR in the garage and it's the best thing I ever fitted ...!! 

As a Welsh Wizard once said "Buy a box of spare tiles!

Total indulgence like the body dryer. Wait until that goes WRONG and I'm left with a dead body dryer on the ceiling....or a body dryer shaped hole to fill!

One Taptile at the door, 1200mm up. Easy access via the riser cupboard at the rear. The second alongside the bath about 4' away. I'll be able to control the main, recess and plinth lighting within a beer's reach. If that goes wrong it'll be break a tile time so I'll silicon that one on. More worried about whether the mosaic pitch will line up with the 6 Taptile buttons!

2016-11-08_05-32-35

Hate me? Tbh I'm not overly keen on the collective for introducing me to the term "VCL". I was quite happy with Aurora down lighters and hoods for years but now find myself looking at "flat panel LED", worrying about penetrating the VCL, air leakage around the fitting, should I build a false ceiling etc, etc. I'm also obsessing about draughts! 

Building in something non repairable, have you missed my sunken bath saga? :)