My posh shed.

Big Jimbo

I am currently building my posh shed as per my previous post.. When my house is finished, i will turn it into something else like either a gym, or a home office etc. I'm trying to think of all the things i should think about. Telephone line. Internet socket. Co-ax for T.V. 

It will have a shower, and a toilet, and sink. I might also put a cctv camera of each corner, and some external lights. I'm not very tech savy, but perhaps it would be nice if the external lights could be turned on and off with the external lights on the house, and the garage. So for instance, if you were in the house, you could turn on the exterior house lights, the gym lights, and the garage lights, rather than having to go to each building.

The lights will be low voltage, and quite possibly LED ribbon lights in a housing in the soffit of each building.

Thanks in advance for any help.

• 1 year later...
On 23/01/2020 at 07:42, Onoff said:

I am probably going to put all the lighting in my little posh shed on Quinetics.

As it’s a log cabin, I understand that movement is an issue and the wall logs expand/contract with the seasons as well as all the wiring needing surface mounting. So quinetic seems ideal.

shame I’m unlikely to see the electrician ‘savings’ from reduced wiring/trunking/conduit work to cover the costs ?