Designing a roof around Integrated panels

Lets

Hi all,

I'm at a point where I am replacing an entire roof (trusses etc) so to some extent, I can vary the pitch (already having to go through planning for all this) and span of the roof. Is there any merit in building the roof to be an exact fit with integrated solar panels and if so, what do the finishing edge trim pieces need to be? Also, I'm hoping to have vlux/skylights in the roof, are there any convenient ways to fit them (i.e. leaving out a panel and replacing with a flux)?

Have done a fair bit of reading on this forum and in other places and it seems to be possible, asking here seemed a good plan as you'll tell me if I've totally missed something/if theres anything else I need to know/consider.

The roof ridge runs North/south btw.

6 minutes ago, Oz07 said:

You don't build a room to suit the carpets. Build roof first imo. 

Don't you?

When choosing where to put the dividing wall between two bedrooms, I made sure that neither bedroom was more than 4.0 metres wide.  (try buying carpet for a 4.1 metre room) :ph34r:

To answer the original question...

Leave at least 2 full tile widths / min one full rafter gap  to any verge detail to ensure you don't create issues with battens and small cuts of tiles

Both GSE and EasyRoof both have velux panels as standard in their systems

• Thanks 1