Heat pumps are cool!

MrMagic

Sorry had to get this one on to 'paper' - I know the maths has been done on here to death, but I still find it fascinating that even with it being -2degC out this morning my little A2A HP can pump out lovely warm 20+ degree air.

I hope more people switch over to them (designed and installed properly of course), even A2A ones which are so simple and effective.

MM.

I find a lot of new tech these days tends to even outperform the calculations which is quite nice, I suspect people have learnt from the years of mis-selling. I plan on my current gas boiler being the last I ever have, but its only just over a year old, so hoping also it lasts a very long time!

5 minutes ago, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I plan on my current gas boiler being the last I ever have, but its only just over a year old, so hoping also it lasts a very long time!

How long is the warranty? From my experience they tend to last between a week and a month longer than that ?

1 hour ago, NSS said:

How long is the warranty? From my experience they tend to last between a week and a month longer than that ?

Its a 10year warranty, ATAG boiler, well built thing I must admit, its insides look like they are designed to be permanently on show, almost makes me want to get some perspex and cut a whole in the cover! Almost...

The last boiler was one of the terrible Ideal Isar HE24's, and that lasted 10 years almost to the day, but only had a 1year warranty, got more from it than we ever thought.