'Natural' fencing/screening

eandg

i am putting together our landscaping plans just now and had initially thought we'd do hedging at the front (on a site which slopes approximately 3m across it's full 36m boundary - the first 15m of which is fairly limited in depth and will be used for parking only) but given it's slow growth and fairly mundane look I've thought otherwise and that it'd be good to have a sort of natural raingarden/household SUDs type set-up, perhaps with a bit of rockery included, over the first couple of metres of the plot (from the pavement to the buildline; the floor level will sit from 0.2-1m above). I would however like, at parts at least, some tall plants/grasses etc. that give a wee bit of height and which are evergreen. Any ideas? And has anyone seen anything similarish which looks particularly good (and could point me in the direction of it)?

We have a divide between ours and next door 

Heritage states no structure 

We eventually installed the green security fencing 

and planted Laurels against it 

You can hardly see the fence now 

38F3451E-0D06-4BBC-8A2A-0DED78D52F71.jpeg

image.jpg

Just now, eandg said:

That looks really good, how long did it take to grow? 

We have to have permeable boundary treatment meaning we can only have a structure of sorts if we green it. 

They have taken about 18 months to get to the top of the fence 1800 But my wife keeps nipping the tops off to make a solid screen 

They where really tiny plants we we put them in 

A £1 per plant 

75BF2860-8CF8-4E2F-8EB9-E061A8045137.jpeg