MVHR Ducts and compatibility with Units

Have gotten quotes form a few places and looking to start installing the radial ducts in 2-3 weeks. If I were to purchase the ducts from BPCventilation as 
they are cheaper can I then purchase a Brink or Paul Novus system from a different company and connect it to the BPCventilation ducts?

I know for example Brink have their own duct system which is more than twice the price (same size and quantity) but in trying to save some money I'm looking to use standard BPCventilation ducts and vents.

Anyone any experience with this? It is like a heating system where you can purchase a boiler and the pipes from different brands and they have no problem connecting to each other?

7 hours ago, JamieM said:

are you not happy with the MHRV's that bpc offer?  (just curious as I'm in the middle of making the decision of which MHRV to go with myself)

(sorry, i cant answer your question)

Looking at Passive House certified units only which limits the choice and its for a large house which limits the choice further. Only have two on BPC to chose from as a result. Still may go for one of these but I'm trying to keep my options open.

1 hour ago, Dudda said:

Looking at Passive House certified units only which limits the choice and its for a large house which limits the choice further. Only have two on BPC to chose from as a result. Still may go for one of these but I'm trying to keep my options open.

No worries, that makes sense. Hopefully someone comes along soon to help with your question. 

2 hours ago, Dudda said:

Looking at Passive House certified units only which limits the choice and its for a large house which limits the choice further.

If you've not looked at Airflow, I'm going with a small commercial unit, the DV1100, which is PH Certified, F7 filters etc. My internal volume is around 1650 m3, so I was otherwise looking at 2 residential units.

Airflow will do you a free system design, Bill Of Materials, and target price for you to then take round to their distributors to get the best price.

• Like 2

I've just noticed why the ventilation ducts BPC Ventilation quoted are so much cheaper. All quotes were 75mm diameter but for BPC Ventilation that's the outer diameter while for others it's the internal diameter. 

BPC Ventilation - 75mm outer / 63mm internal
Other quotes - 92mm outer / 75mm internal

That's why I was looking at getting the ducts and accessories from BPC and units elsewhere. I'll just go with the one company now so my original questions is irrelevant. Thanks for the help everyone.

For anyone who doesn't know larger diameter ducts reduce pressure and the MVHR unit can run quieter and more efficiently.

• 1 month later...
On 19/10/2016 at 11:34, Dudda said:

"Anyone any experience with this?"

After a lot of looking, I have just bought a Brink unit, a 50m coil of Hybalans HB+ 92mm ducting and a quantity of HB+ manifolds and couplings from a Builders Merchant in Holland, who only charged me 50 euros for the shipping (on an order value of a couple of thousand euros).

They were very helpful in organising matters.

What they don't offer is a design service - so you have you work out which particular Brink unit you want (there are a lot of options) and of course how you put together your air distribution network.