Our ensuite has a wet room former and setcrete latex self levelling elsewhere over UFH. I've tanked the former and surrounding area as per @Nickfromwales excellent tanking thread and I'm now waiting for it to dry. Question is should I use primer on the tanked area and the latex before tiling and if so any particular one? I've quite a lot of the setcrete acrylic primer left  https://www.setcrete.co.uk/product/acrylic-primer/ if its any use? SBR?

Thanks

29 minutes ago, bissoejosh said:

Our ensuite has a wet room former and setcrete latex self levelling elsewhere over UFH. I've tanked the former and surrounding area as per @Nickfromwales excellent tanking thread and I'm now waiting for it to dry. Question is should I use primer on the tanked area and the latex before tiling and if so any particular one? I've quite a lot of the setcrete acrylic primer left  https://www.setcrete.co.uk/product/acrylic-primer/ if its any use? SBR?

Thanks

No 

Flexible adhesive is fine 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

+1. 
If the tanking has been on long enough to get some surface dust on it, just clean it lightly with a damp sponge prior to laying on. 
I use a grout float to butter the tanking with the tile adhesive  ( rubber edges trowel ) about 1M2 at a time and then you’re guaranteed a great bond. 
Do that for the 1st metre of the wall, and then you can fall back to just a wipe and laying by bedding the tile only ( depending upon how flat the walls are of course ). 
Do not EVER consider using acrylic ( ready made in a tub ) adhesive over tanking ( ask me how I know how that goes lol ). 3 days later, porcelain tile, acrylic adhesive ( bragged up by the Ultra area rep ) and over tanking, and when I removed the supports to cut the lowest course in all the tiles slid down the wall ?
Cementitious products ONLY over tanking, especially with porcelain ?  

• Thanks 2