Must all MVHR vents be the same?

My MVHR is mostly done now but the extract that's in the main bathroom remains to be done before it can be balanced and commissioned.

In an effort to conceal, or at least make them less obvious, the extracts were located on the side of the niche that is above the concealed loo cistern. The photos are clearer than my explanation.

All of the other vents are the shiny white round ones I posted about earlier but I can't see these working in this location. I have seen others in a more appropriate shape but wondered if all the vemts in a system have to be the same.

Can the hive mind offer any wisdom on this, please?

20191004_150547.jpg

20191004_150509.jpg

We have a mix of two different styles of terminal.  Doesn't affect the way the system works in any way.  I used directional terminals where I needed to fit them to a wall, so the louvres could be pointed to direct air upwards towards the vaulted ceiling.  The ones I used for wall mounting were these: https://cvcdirect.myshopify.com/collections/ceiling-valves/products/turn-airvalve-125mm

• Thanks 1

Just now, MikeGrahamT21 said:

I don't know much about this subject, but I do know the inside of your pipe should be smooth to stop bacteria congregating, and to stop dust accumulating. I'd change that if you can?

That duct is smooth inside, looks like the same stuff we used.  It has a smooth white internal liner with a corrugated external surface.  It's a popular choice because it's relatively easy to install.  Here's a photo of the stuff (what look like internal ridges are a trick of the light):  https://cvcdirect.myshopify.com/collections/75mm-radial-duct/products/semi-rigid-ducting-75o-d-blue

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

That duct is smooth inside, looks like the same stuff we used.  It has a smooth white internal liner with a corrugated external surface.  It's a popular choice because it's relatively easy to install.  Here's a photo of the stuff (what look like internal ridges are a trick of the light):  https://cvcdirect.myshopify.com/collections/75mm-radial-duct/products/semi-rigid-ducting-75o-d-blue

Ahh fair enough, nearly had heart attack for the OP when I saw that! I've never handled the stuff as yet, hence why I said I don't know too much. Glad all is in order.

@vivienz, can I suggest that - no matter which vent you eventually  use - you will eventually ignore it. Part of the furniture, not worthy of note.  At the moment it's all new, stark, the focus of a good deal of effort and not a little money.

That little nook is empty. Draw the piddler's eye by putting something fun in there.  For example

maxdim-1000_resize-yes_si-379834.jpg.thumb.jpg.f37e6392ceec5178d7d524eb1e96e5e3.jpg

(Image stolen fair and square without permission from here )

Camouflage really does work. I know - I need it at Salamander Cottage. Big time.

@AnonymousBosch that is the same image that was in the bathroom of our villa in Italy two weeks ago !!

@vivienz the issue is that MVHR is a commercial product that is just catching up with the domestic market. Commercial customers tend not to want "unobtrusive" or "pretty" as essentially its a component of an essential M&E system.

The closest I have come are the Starline grilles but as you are never viewing it face on, but rather side on, it is an expensive solution to a problem that potentially doesn't exist - you do tend to ignore the vents after a while.