Windows stills and aprons

Thedreamer

i take it you ae going for plasterboard ingoes at the top and sides? the biggest problem with MDF is that you will have to fill and sand the end as it will show, i have gone for oak, but my skirtings, facings and doors are all oak so it makes sence, i think all white would be too much but thats personal prefference, why not go for a contrast rather than rying to match the windows

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hobbiniho said:

i take it you ae going for plasterboard ingoes at the top and sides? the biggest problem with MDF is that you will have to fill and sand the end as it will show, i have gone for oak, but my skirtings, facings and doors are all oak so it makes sence, i think all white would be too much but thats personal prefference, why not go for a contrast rather than rying to match the windows

Yes plasterboard where you mentioned. 

We have decided to go for the white mdf, we will now need to wait and see how it looks.

• 3 months later...
On 19/09/2019 at 14:53, Hobbiniho said:

That isn't that hard to overcome. I made some mdf shelves at home and bull nosed the edges myself. Sanded them to 320g then put a coat of zinser BIN on, let it dry and gave it light sand and then a 2nd coat of zinser BIN. Again once dry it was lightly sanded and a few coats of normal undercoat were put on, sanded between each coat. While not as smooth looking as the un machined face of mdf, it is almost as smooth as a babies bum. :)