Proposed office layout - oak worktop

Stones

Attached is a plan of my proposed office layout (apologies for poor quality of scan).  The room is formed from attic trusses which means the coomb meets the wall at a height of 850mm. Because of this, it's a little challenging to sit a PC monitor on a desk simply run along a wall - it either has to be positioned in a corner, or on a peninsula of desk.  I have a velux window recess where I would like to construct my desk area, both for the view and added space, and have come up with the attached as a layout that I could form from two 3m lengths of oak worktop.  Alternatively I could use oak veneer MDF, or a ply base with engineered oak flooring glued on top for a finished surface.  

I have two options in terms of oak worktop - 27mm or 38/40mm.  As I would be butting joints together to form the shape indicated in the plan, would 27mm be viable given I'm going to have route and bolt? 

I've still not discounted the plywood / engineer oak option - just need to look at some flooring samples to find a smooth surface product.

Office layout.pdf

My desk is a corner one, that's 950mm deep at the deeper end and 600mm deep at the shallower end.  The deeper corner is ideal for placing a fairly large monitor, there's just room to fit two 24" monitors, side by side, in the angle of the corner OK, with both being at a good viewing angle when sat looking in to the corner.  I can fit the small PC behind the monitors, right in the apex of the corner, which keeps it out of the way.  Another handy space saving device is to fit a keyboard drawer.  I find this invaluable, as I can just slide the keyboard and mouse away under the desktop when I'm not using them, leaving enough clear desk space to do paperwork.

Not sure I'd want a window in front of me, but being able to look out from one side might be nice.  Perhaps a curved corner desk arrangement that allows you to sit facing the apex of the corner, with a view out to one side through the window?  I've not sat at a curved fronted desk before, but have to say I really like it as an idea.  It's a lot easier to hide all the clutter associated with a desk top PC, deep in the corner space.

Some pictures for context.

1st shows existing, functional but soul destroying layout.

IMG_20190920_114222.thumb.jpg.10780218c0d60be82a48dd9e8533f170.jpg

2nd shows proposed position marked out on floor, desk space directly under window, PC on desk space at 90 degrees to the window. Indent at balustrade for built in seat or house plant.

IMG_20190920_114239.thumb.jpg.c537c04923adf3d1288b50b07f5b5c54.jpg

3rd the view I want to see from my desk.

IMG_20190920_114253.thumb.jpg.45e0cd9f36699ea95934b1dd8b4675fc.jpg

Nice view of Hoy.

Just watch that at a certain time of day, the sun may shine on your PC screen (like about the time the photo was taken).  Do you have a blind on the window?

Your soul destroying layout has the benefit of putting the PC in the shade.  Would it not make more sense to keep the PC that side, but move it out from the end wall so your seating position lines up with the window still to get the view?