Getting older? Hang on to yer hips for as long as you can then.

14 hours ago, Ferdinand said:

Need some help here... I only know one scooba washy.

This is a Scooba.  Great for light dirt if used very regularly.  

The vinyl textured tiles were still more slippy than I wanted but I have slipped in the kitchen at school on industrial grade non-slip vinyl so I am highly skilled.

4012089C-A9AC-4777-8F06-6A81A91E839E.png

Edited by Sue B
  • Like 1

Your question, perhaps light hearted, is important. Who funds the study? The manufacturer? If so the conflict of interest is obvious. Is that why Topps Tiles (can / have to) charge so much more for their PTV (pendulum test value) tested tiles? 

Might be worth a dig around one of these days - when I've nowt else to do. ?

That video reminded me of the "calibrated human" (a.k.a. "Porton Man") that we use at my old place of work for testing a wide range of stuff :

One thing that I'd be concerned about with ad hoc slip testing using people would be the variation in the coefficient of friction of the soles of the feet of the people used for the testing.  My guess is that this varies a fair bit from one person to the next, just from things like the stiffness of the skin on their feet (a calloused foot may have a lower C of F than a foot that's just had a pedicure, for example), or the level of natural oils on the surface of the skin, as well as more obvious things, like the area of each sole and the mass of the person (force per unit area has a pretty big effect on sliding friction levels).

9 minutes ago, AnonymousBosch said:

Your question, perhaps light hearted, is important. Who funds the study? The manufacturer? If so the conflict of interest is obvious. Is that why Topps Tiles (can / have to) charge so much more for their PTV (pendulum test value) tested tiles? 

Might be worth a dig around one of these days - when I've nowt else to do. ?

I'm more inclined to ask:

1 - What is the integrity of those doing the study?

2 - Is the process standardised in a wider community?

3 - Is it independently supervised or reviewed?

F