Advice please: which of these courses should I do?

https://hobbyweld.co.uk/

there are others who do the same -- you pay a one off depsoit --then just pay for refills 

I became an agent --when i got fed  upof paying £600  per year ,just for the rentals of my ox .acte ,argon and argon miX bottle 

as my usuage in last 10 years has been very small so full size bottles too expensive on rental 

yes you pay more for contents -- but still works out much cheaper if you just now and then --

if you use 2 full size bottles a year --then maybe usual rental system may work for  you --If not then smaller size bottles  where you only pay an initial deposit

contents will be at least twice or 3 times the cost --but no yearly charges or delivery costs 

and now all bottles are barcoded they know if its a genuine bottle with a valid rental agreement --so the old way of just getting a bottle swopped does not work anymore --EVERY bottle has to have a rental agreement with full size main stream suppliers

I don,t have acet any more --just use oxygen and propane for heating or burning things off ,as all the scrap yards do 

acet is expensive and bottle deposits are expensive as well 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

a lot of insurance companies now will do insure garages etc to use oxy/act for heating purposes -due to fire risk ,so now induction heat sources are preferred by them 

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/173957945667

That was a problem I had when I had the Portapak, house insurance wouldn't cover the storage of oxyacetylene bottles at all.  I used to keep the thing in the back of my car, just to get around the insurance problem.  Not sure it was in any way safer, mind!

1 minute ago, JSHarris said:

That was a problem I had when I had the Portapak, house insurance wouldn't cover the storage of oxyacetylene bottles at all.  I used to keep the thing in the back of my car, just to get around the insurance problem.  Not sure it was in any way safer, mind!

and of course you had it tied down with the compressed gas hazard  stickers on the car?

• Haha 1