Connecting water tanks to 32mm MDPE pipe

Cpd

Moving it forward today, the front just lifts off as does the roof all within a few seconds so that there is plenty of access. Need to tidy it up a bit, paint to the same colour as the shed and wire it up, also need to start plumbing the tanks up and then dig a very long trench for the pipe...... 

53A2D361-2802-4784-A601-D9E5483140B3.jpeg

F391E3FA-723E-46E0-8B0B-A9C10E92B244.jpeg

Very tidy !!!

Is it worth (before filling) setting a couple of funnels into the bottom shelf below each filter so you can switch off, open the drain plugs and drain straight to the ground without having to spill water on the inside..??

4 minutes ago, PeterW said:

Is it worth (before filling) setting a couple of funnels into the bottom shelf below each filter so you can switch off, open the drain plugs and drain straight to the ground without having to spill water on the inside..??

@PeterW   your full of good ideas ! Will do. 

7 minutes ago, jamieled said:

300m through sitka spruce for us with no digger access.

Well I won’t have it that bad, about 200m with no digger access with moderate ground conditions, shale and along a cross slope. Luckily we are in a very mild location, close to the sea on the west coast with very few frosts so it will be a minimalist trench ........ 

• 1 year later...

Just adding a couple of pics of finished project as I was unaware I had not done so until another thread brought it to my attention. 
I put a heater in as well that comes on if the temperature drops to 3c and the funnels for draining the filters. 
it’s been in over well over a year now and it works great and there is nothing I would change. 
When flushing the system I use  Milton disinfectant fluid and it’s very important to add a food dye to this fluid before putting it into the filter housings so that you can be sure of it’s distribution and to be able to see when it comes come out at various outlets. I tried various disinfectants but Milton works the best as it’s not to heavy and mixes in better with the water. 
had the water checked a couple of times by council and it passed both times. 

A839671A-F92F-41A8-9E23-9F3A0D7629C6.jpeg

DFE117EF-2E90-419D-A323-A8C1EB4D01CC.jpeg

• Like 1