Replacement stove glass

Cpd

Fitting a small stove ..... and while I was up on the roof wiggling the flexi pipe my helper accidentally smashed the glass.......  such is life. 

It measures 336mm x 285mm, a quick look online and it’s going to cost about £50___ bit of a bugger as the stove only cost me £30 ! Anyway does anyone have a recommendation for glass replacement as there are multiple choices and recommendations are often best.  Thanks 

12 minutes ago, ProDave said:

Buy another £30 stove if you can get another bargain?

I keep looking at the glass door on an old cooker and wondering if the glass is heat rated enough......... probably not but will look into it. 

21 minutes ago, Cpd said:

I keep looking at the glass door on an old cooker and wondering if the glass is heat rated enough......... probably not but will look into it. 

But you won't be able to cut it if nt the right size or shape.

It's not glass in a stove, but clear porcelain 

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Carrerahill said:

It needs to be Borosilicate or Ceramic glass. Call D&N Glass in Glasgow - I know they advertise it and I have worked with them before.

Thanks 

8 hours ago, Carrerahill said:

Call D&N Glass in Glasgow

£58 quid but they won’t deliver as it’s pick up only........  will start web searching........ @Vijay Next stop eBay. At least I know it’s not glass and  is in-fact ceramic.  

13 hours ago, Cpd said:

£58 quid but they won’t deliver as it’s pick up only........  will start web searching........ @Vijay Next stop eBay. At least I know it’s not glass and  is in-fact ceramic.  

Where are you?

If you arrange it with them I will collect it and post it to you...

That would be good as I am reluctant to buy of an unknown eBay seller.... probably get green house glass ! I am not far, Oban being my closest postal town. I will double check the size, ring up and pay by card and then pass on the details to you ? I will pm you my address and I can send you two chickens as payment for postage ! If you don’t want the chickens then  a sort code and account number should do the trick.... and a tour of my property next time  your in the area. Let me know how this sounds and I will proceed if ok. Also there is no rush on this so pick up at your convenience as It’s not the season for burning wood ! Regards col 

12 minutes ago, Cpd said:

That would be good as I am reluctant to buy of an unknown eBay seller.... probably get green house glass ! I am not far, Oban being my closest postal town. I will double check the size, ring up and pay by card and then pass on the details to you ? I will pm you my address and I can send you two chickens as payment for postage ! If you don’t want the chickens then  a sort code and account number should do the trick.... and a tour of my property next time  your in the area. Let me know how this sounds and I will proceed if ok. Also there is no rush on this so pick up at your convenience as It’s not the season for burning wood ! Regards col 

Hmmm, when do you need it, I should be up near Taynuilt in the next month...

• 1 month later...