Slate and Cladding for Extension

Hello everyone.

I hope this is the right section to post this. 

I am planning on building an extension, and would like some advice and links to suppliers who are good reliable and reasonably priced and can supply to Scotland without ridiculous delivery costs.

So not asking for much really... ?

If anyone could provide me with a good slate supplier and timber cladding supplier that can match all of the above then that would be fantastic. 

I feel your always safer using a company that has been recommended than one at random.  

Thanks

GW

Morning 

I don't know your circumstances, or what you are willing to do but I sourced reclaimed slates myself on facebook marketplace

The slating of the roof is pretty much the one part of the build I've not done, and honestly the Slaters were in their element with the slates I managed to get

The quality was astounding ( originally from Peterhead prison) and it looks beautiful. I think i ended up paying 90p a slate for reclaimed welsh

It did involve me hiring a van and driving up to get them loaded up, then grading them when I got them home, but its very much worth it.

Cladding however is a different story, I'm struggling to find myself

Silva timber and Vincent timber are pretty prominent online, Silva are pretty reasonable but Vincent Timber are looking for £400 plus delivery to send me anything.

The two local timber merchants will supply me slightly cheaper overall(timber is more expensive, but delivery free)

Russwood and Glenalmond Timber are two 'local' cladding suppliers but I find them extortionate.

I wish I had seen your post before in regards to the slate although the pick up of them might've been an issue, but 90p for high quality reclaimed welsh slate seems fantastic value.

To the 1st poster when I needed slate I just settled for looking online and ended up getting slate from here https://www.scotiaroofingsuppliesltd.co.uk/tiles-and-slates - Wont be that cheap however was happy enough with price and slate quality however if knew about the facebook marketplace I would've and will use that from now on myself.

Don't know what type of cladding you are looking for but when I recently got some I found that most of the quotes I got were quite expensive, and the companies that came in cheaper usually made it back with their delivery costs. Anyway ended up ordering cedar cladding from this company here https://dalply.co.uk/timber-cladding/ again happy enough with everything however I now also wish that I went looking for cladding on the facebook marketplace! 

Hope that helps and good luck with the extension!