ICF Foundations +/- 5mm

Fair point Russel, but this was 45mm within 3M , also the contractor is sound and expected 10mm levelness of himself. but you are spot on! I used one engineer for the foundation and another engineer for the superstructure(Manufacturer Eng), and I tried to make them talk :) but they were real hesitatant. As you said, the drawings for the foundation should have Specified the tolerance for the foundation on the DRAWINGS.

on another note, there is a Pier that comes out perpendicular from the top right Column,  (Only small one 550mm) , but as you can see above, it was missed by the foundation engineer, who had the superstructure eng's drawings :) .. I'm still going to stick the Pier in to the edge of the foudation, but it will be 300mm instead of 550mm now.

Looks like I'm a big believer in too many chefs in the kitchen. No doubt I'll be back here crying soon :) (Looking for your support again)

Thanks again everyone

Edited by magnethead

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks Lads for your help, in the end, they leveled it without "scabbling" the concrete. (Who knew, they'd take the easy route) They did it purely by shaving the block down at the back. (There was a LOT more shavings then shown in the photo below)

He says he gets another change to level too, when he sits the next non-connecting set of walls up,, as the DPC will go over these walls 

IMAG2163.thumb.jpg.48e26077f425eacc3f4562e877be9c7e.jpgIMAG2162.thumb.jpg.98394b5d3b7878bfa68a3055b4c0c860.jpgIMAG2161.thumb.jpg.93bfddf21cd9772fc1215eda1274aefd.jpg

Edited by magnethead

• 2 weeks later...