What could go wrong!

puntloos

.. you know, I figured I'd just note down my famous last words from the onset, and it'll be smooth sailing from here on out, right?

Anyway, hi, my name is Marten! We've been searching for houses for 3 years, and have now gone the self-build route since finding a high-ceiling (>2m60) modern house seems near impossible in our area. Strange. I've read a lot in books, but will certainly be looking for a advice, tips, words of support (or warning) etc. It's certainly going to be an interesting 2(?...) years.. 

Thanks!

• Like 1

Perhaps a few details of the situation:

- 27*15 plot, SE facing

- Aiming for 200sqm floor space but could be convinced towards more, or a little less, if the situation calls for it

- High ceilings throughout at least the ground floor - 2m70

- Modern style build (bright, smooth, probably white with some metallic touches)

- Super large and bright living area (livingroom+kitchen). Much less interest in things like 'sitting rooms' or 'offices' or 'dining rooms'

What area is your plot in, Marten?

Have you decided what and how to build? Have you got your planning permission? Have you considered starting a blog? With lots of photos? We love lots of photos.

In any event, welcome! And remember those opening words so you can reflect in them in a couple of years.

1 hour ago, vivienz said:

What area is your plot in, Marten?

Have you decided what and how to build? Have you got your planning permission? Have you considered starting a blog? With lots of photos? We love lots of photos.

In any event, welcome! And remember those opening words so you can reflect in them in a couple of years.

Hi vivienz, 

Center of town plot. Previous planning permission for an extension exists but we're planning to ignore that and start from scratch. 

Blog> not a bad idea! Might just. 

Thanks for the welcome =)