Permitted development in conservation area

Wilkobury

Hi All,

So I've decided to refurbish the existing house on my plot following two failed applications and appeals to demolish and build two properties. I have checked the LPA's website and there are no article 4's removing permitted development in the conservation area. 

All that I want to do is the following work:

1. Turn the integral garage into a kitchen/dining room (knock through from the kitchen, replace garage door with a window - window will match other existing windows)

2. Hack off the existing render which is blown and re-render (but with two different render colours - nothing too crazy, just a dark grey/black render on one or two flanks and the rest white render).

3. Re-landscape my garden and have a secluded car park area possibly with a car port.

I believe that all of the above comes under permitted development and that all that I need is to do a notice to Building control for regs. If I want to, I can get a Lawful Development Cert - but I'm not intending to as it stands.

Be good to hear any words of warning if any.... Thanks

I hate to be the killjoy but I would personally go to the effort of getting a certificate of lawfulness. We spent close to three years getting permission from the national park to replace our house and it was (as most people find) a fairly tortuous process.

A few hundred pounds getting a planning consultant to draw up your plans in line with pd will just save all the heart ache when someone (and in conservation areas someone will!!) complains or notifies the authority. 

Cutting this corner just isn't worth the inevitable heart ache.

just my 2p's worth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Wilkobury said:

Hack off the existing render which is blown and re-render (but with two different render colours - nothing too crazy, just a dark grey/black render on one or two flanks and the rest white render).

Check but I think that might be enough to mean the insulation has to be checked and upgraded if necessary. If it's a solid wall house that might mean EWI requiring a planning application.