Plumbing a Hansgrohe iBox for shower valve vs bath valve - there is an important difference (as we have just found out)

On 06/04/2017 at 12:53, jamiehamy said:

@Trw144 and @Bitpipe - We're about to order about £4k of kit from Lusso Stone - we were going to get the wastes from them to match - did I pick up earlier they are not great quality?

Also a bit down the line are you chaps happy with the product? 

@Bitpipe - is your shower tray Lusso? I'm thinking of going down that route if they can bespoke the sizes for us. THanks, J

The kids shower is a Lusso stone (1650 x 700 from memory) - only 25mm thick so by the time we made up the rest of the floor with 6mm backer boards, electric UFH, latex and porcelain tile, it was completely flush and looks great.

The bath plug waste is fine (ask for matching resin ones, look much better than the chrome) but the fittings underneath were rubbish.

One was narrow enough to sit under the bath in the small space available but quite narrow diameter and would have taken ages to empty. It also was a concertina style to 'make your own trap' but the plumber was very wary of using.

Tried HepVo also in a horizontal arrangement but that was not shallow enough either and does not work well that way round, can get hair etc suck in it and be held open.

In the end we bit the bullet and chopped a section out of the floor and put a proper trap on the bath, with a wide bore flex section to meet the first fix waste. Put a generous bead (10mm) of SikaFlex around the cut out to stop any splashes finding their way down there.

Was not happy cutting into a freshly tiled floor with electric UFH and tanking in it, would have been better if we'd planned for that and made proper provision, but worked out ok in the end.

For shower screens, I bought 8mm all channel and had my joiner mitre the ends, sikaflex and screwed to the tiles. Then ordered some made to measure 8mm glass and sikaflexed that in - looks great and only cost a few hundred for both showers, vs the big prices I was seeing for cubicles.

• Like 1