Passivhaus certified roof lights with electric opening

joth

@joth i am taking a serious look at their fixed pitch rooflights, and they seem to have a low solar gain glazing option (yet to get the addon price for that). For a house with MVHR, where i dont want opening nor trickle vents, they seem to be priced well (whereas their flat roofs are less competitive).  Wondering if yoi got any further?

17 hours ago, tanneja said:

@joth i am taking a serious look at their fixed pitch rooflights, and they seem to have a low solar gain glazing option (yet to get the addon price for that). For a house with MVHR, where i dont want opening nor trickle vents, they seem to be priced well (whereas their flat roofs are less competitive).  Wondering if yoi got any further?

Yes, we went with 1x of the pitched roof and 2x of the flat roof lights. Installed a couple months ago. So far so good.

My only gripe is they don't have any electrical connections for remote opener, it's z-wave only. The pitched one is over a 3 story void and I'd much rather not rely on wireless to control it. (not least because if I needed to pair a new wireless controller to it, this requires manually pressing a button on the window anyway).

So I've cobbled together a wired 'remote control' of sorts by extending the wire that connects to the built in buttons, so I can relocate them. but otherwise, all good!

37 minutes ago, joth said:

Yes, we went with 1x of the pitched roof and 2x of the flat roof lights. Installed a couple months ago. So far so good.

My only gripe is they don't have any electrical connections for remote opener, it's z-wave only. The pitched one is over a 3 story void and I'd much rather not rely on wireless to control it. (not least because if I needed to pair a new wireless controller to it, this requires manually pressing a button on the window anyway).

So I've cobbled together a wired 'remote control' of sorts by extending the wire that connects to the built in buttons, so I can relocate them. but otherwise, all good!

That you @joth. Just called them and they are quoting 90 days lead time at the moment...not sure we can stretch to that long, but understandable given the current environment. 

Weighing up them vs. Velux / Farko but then would need to block up the trickle vents.  Were there any other options you came across for the pitched rooflights during your research that I should consider?

Thank you pandemic :)