Sign in to follow this  
K78

Hyundai Auger

Recommended Posts

Posted (edited)

Has anyone took a chance on one?

 

3 year warranty and at least a recognisable brand, so parts should not be a issue. 

 

I cant justify a makita or stihl. Rental prices are ridiculous.  

 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Hyundai-HYEA5080-50-8cc-2-Stroke-Petrol/dp/B01AFZT0GE/ref=sr_1_1?adgrpid=57217791510&hvadid=259072895017&hvdev=t&hvlocphy=9046649&hvnetw=g&hvpos=1t1&hvqmt=e&hvrand=3097290158186040191&hvtargid=kwd-315344498113&keywords=hyundai+auger&qid=1553821457&s=gateway&sr=8-1

Edited by K78

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yep got one

 

i replaced the one I’d had for years 

It was like replacing a mini with a ferrari 

One thing I would say though is You need two people to operate 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have you ever used one of these.  They can break your wrist or arm in an instant.  Although when the auger gets stuck they are great fun!! 

What are you going to use it for,  fence posts???? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Declan52 said:

Have you ever used one of these.  They can break your wrist or arm in an instant.  Although when the auger gets stuck they are great fun!! 

What are you going to use it for,  fence posts???? 

 

I want to secure one side of my plot before my build starts. The area has a lot of roots and the ground is glacial rock underneath the top soil. My arm is still vibrating from trying to dig a trench with a spade 2 yeas ago. 

 

I’m using 2m steel posts and security fencing. The type you see around schools and parks. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, K78 said:

 

I want to secure one side of my plot before my build starts. The area has a lot of roots and the ground is glacial rock underneath the top soil. My arm is still vibrating from trying to dig a trench with a spade 2 yeas ago. 

 

I’m using 2m steel posts and security fencing. The type you see around schools and parks. 

My wife and myself have put up around 150 mtrs of this fencing using the hole borer 

54C275C2-2AB0-4393-AE7F-8096B1106B16.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, nod said:

My wife and myself have put up around 150 mtrs of this fencing using the hole borer 

54C275C2-2AB0-4393-AE7F-8096B1106B16.jpeg

D011FD02-ABD3-4623-BC19-D8A97BFF5E31.jpeg

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this