Temporary electrical supply to temporary toilet.

Russdl

Good morning all.

I've built a little shack at the bottom of the plot that is going to house a WC and sink plumbed into the existing foul drain.

I plan on putting a 3kW Triton electric handwash heater and a light in the WC. The temporary WC is 30+ meters from my Temporary Building Supply and to route any cable from the TBS to the WC would necessarily cross the access to the plot. 

What is the best way of doing this, temporarily?

Stick the cable inside a drive-over heavy duty cable protector, like the ones used by location film crews, and make sure the cable is adequately protected at the TBS end, in case it gets damaged. 

Alternatively you could stick a couple of poles up and sling it overhead, but there's always the risk that something like a digger jib might snag it.

If you think the cable's going to be there a fair time then it might be better to just bury a duct across the access, ideally in a location where you might need to get cables through in future, so it can be reused.

My preference would be to bury the cable in a duct, if you've already got a digger on site.  If not, then sticking it inside a heavy duty cable protector would be the next best thing.

2 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

If you think the cable's going to be there a fair time

Actually, that's a very good point. Whilst I'm saying 'temporary' it could be there a while knowing what I know about how slowly I operate.

23 minutes ago, Russdl said:

What is the best way of doing this, temporarily?

Time for some lateral thinking, how about a paper tower dispenser and a camping torch?

Is this proposed setup for your own convenience or are you motivated by legislation and concerns over workforce welfare obligations?

5 minutes ago, epsilonGreedy said:

Is this proposed setup for your own convenience or are you motivated by legislation and concerns over workforce welfare obligations?

A bit of both really. The shed is built (out of timber from the demolition) The toilet and sink are in (not plumbed yet). The light and water heater were going to lift it from 'posh camping' to 'glamping'.