Internorm UPVC Aluclad Mix and Match

canalsiderenovation

We really like the slim profile of the KF200 or even KF500 studio but for the front of the house where the living room/kitchen/dining room looks onto the canal and is a suntrap we want integrated blinds, and our budget won't stretch to having integrated blinds on all windows.

I don't particularly like black bit on the glazing of the KV440 but the KV350 only comes in home pure and ambience, not studio. 

So can you mix the KF220/500 Studio with the KV350 Home Pure/Ambiance - will you be able to tell the difference?

I've got studio because I preferred that profile. HF310 for windows and HS330 on the sliders. My are timber Ali not upvc though so it may be different with those.  Personally I would not mix and match different windows. If you have a suntrap and want blinds there I would prioritise that as your driver for the decision and if you need to spend a little more do it and cut back somewhere else.

TBH given the number of botched jobs on Internorm windows (mine are one) I would be very focused on the quality of the job. The profile will pale into insignificance when you are 12 months down the line still trying to sort issues.  Pick your installer with care, they are great windows but the dealerships can be very mixed in terms of quality of service once they have your loot.

I mixed and matched a few different types including profiles and UPVC/timber/alu, but 90% of mine were 'pre-loved" shall we say, so I was prepared to overlook the small differences for the amount of money we saved. TBH now that they are in, I really don't see them at all. I think as long as they are not madly different you probably won't notice as long as they are not in your immediate sightline or in the same room/wall. I can send some pics of mine if you like! 

The other thing to think about is considering fitting either a hidden recess on the inside ceiling so you can fit a very slick internal blind or an external one which are much better for reducing solar gain. If you can think about that before construction they can be very neatly done. Also, I've got a few spare internorm windows kicking about the site that we ended up not using... 

I would FULLY agree with lizzie when it comes to picking your dealership very very very carefully. Wen early came a cropper with a large slider (HS330) and if we hadn't paid on credit card would have lost  huge amount of money. If you are towards the top end of the country, be wary, as here be dragons. 

Any pics would be great thank you. Luckily those with blinds would be in the front and those without would be in the rear and none mixed and matched in the same room.

I guess I'm just curious if you can mix studio with home pure and if this is noticeable from outside. Upstairs isn't an issue as we have all skylights....

Edited by canalsiderenovation

I'll try and grab some pics when I drop by site this afternoon. I suppose another thing to think of would be if you're planning on having curtains or not, as they would disguise the frames somewhat. I think your concern about it being noticeable from outside is a non-problem, unless you're planning on your guests walking all around the house viewing the window profiles before they come in? If they are consistent at the front, and consistent at the back (albeit different from the front), then it just doesn't seem major to me. However, I am an extremely unobservant person - skills in this arena may vary :)

22 minutes ago, divorcingjack said:

I'll try and grab some pics when I drop by site this afternoon. I suppose another thing to think of would be if you're planning on having curtains or not, as they would disguise the frames somewhat. I think your concern about it being noticeable from outside is a non-problem, unless you're planning on your guests walking all around the house viewing the window profiles before they come in? If they are consistent at the front, and consistent at the back (albeit different from the front), then it just doesn't seem major to me. However, I am an extremely unobservant person - skills in this arena may vary :)

I'm going to have to revisit an Internorm showroom and really look into the profiles again, we have a few options, one close to Market Drayton, one on the Wirral and one in Staffordshire..... I wish I'd taken pictures now when I went to the showroom and the build-it show at the weekend...

We wouldn't have curtains at all on the windows.

6 hours ago, divorcingjack said:

The other thing to think about is considering fitting either a hidden recess on the inside ceiling so you can fit a very slick internal blind or an external one which are much better for reducing solar gain

Seconded, a nicer neater finish.