Vinyl planks

Oz07

I've got Karndean going down in my place, upstairs and down. It's laid on top of ply upstairs and a latex screed over the power floated concrete slab downstairs. Personally, I'm really pleased with it and think it looks good.

Fitted price for doing the whole house came out at around £53 per sq m.

I had Karndean in my previous house throughout the whole downstairs. We went for the Da Vinci range as it has a thicker wear layer and as we had dogs we wanted it to be robust. It still looked great 10 years later when we moved out. Really hard wearing and easy to clean. The OH didn't want it here but I would have been perfectly happy with it again. The fitting is all important though as someone I worked with had it done in her house and the fitters made a bit of a bodge of it and you could see the marks as ripples underneath where the glue had been spread. The company agreed it was substandard and replaced the whole lot. 

We had Amtico in our last house (a large kitchen/dining/family room, flowing up a couple of steps into a utility) and were very impressed with it.  Very hard wearing and the 'tile' we chose was very forgiving in terms of visual appearance - you didn't need to clean it constantly to keep it looking good.

+1 to the comments about fitting.