How to layout pipework

Pocster

Hey all,

Looking a bit ahead here, but thought it was worth asking now!

My water in are below ground at the front of the build in a utility cupboard (Hot via ASHP ; doesn't exist yet!)

But! I have a concrete block load bearing wall in the way. I want to try and keep it all neat.

As I have below ground (kitchen) and above ground (bedrooms & bathrooms) I thought it made sense to split and have 2 manifolds for each (1 hot, 1 cold). I want no joints. So every run will be per item.

So!; do I drill out 2 big holes in my concrete wall and pass the entire pipework through each one? - problem is it won't be particularly neat at this point. i.e. jumble of pipe going through a hole. Not really ideal.

I could ( I suppose ) drill a hole per pipe. But on the upstairs for example off the top of my head there would be ( bathroom h+c, sink h+c, shower h+c, toilet h etc.etc. ); could be many pipes.

I did think about doing the manifolds on the otherwise of the wall but that's the kitchen - so not really practical for access to them.

Any suggestions appreciated - crap drawing attached

IMG_8683.jpg

Would really need to see a whole house floor plan.

No 1, site the hot water cylinder as central to all points of use as possible. That may or may not be this cupboard.

When designing my layout, I wanted a manifold but I also did not want to make any hot run longer than it had to be. My solution was to put the manifold in the ceiling above the utility room, and it will be accessed by a little door like a mini lift out loft hatch.  

1 minute ago, ProDave said:

Would really need to see a whole house floor plan.

No 1, site the hot water cylinder as central to all points of use as possible. That may or may not be this cupboard.

When designing my layout, I wanted a manifold but I also did not want to make any hot run longer than it had to be. My solution was to put the manifold in the ceiling above the utility room, and it will be accessed by a little door like a mini lift out loft hatch.  

The ASHP cylinder will also be in the utility room hence the cylinder - only place for it . Runs to taps etc. none are excessively far .

I *suppose* I could drill 4 large holes so at least cold & hot each have a hole per ‘circuit’ I.e upstairs and downstairs.

side issue to this. If your soil stack is internal and goes down through your slab and out, does one just box it in somewhere like a utility room for example? So poo upstairs, flows through your joists goes down a boxed off bit them out under the slab?