Temperature of hot water leaving your ashp

Mine is an LG

It only ever runs in heating mode OR hot water mode, and each has it's own temperature set independantly, it never runs HW and heating at the same time.

For DHW mine has a temperature probe built into the tank and it heats the tank until the desired temperature is reached. I have that temperature set to 47 degrees.  To achieve that I have the DHW "water leaving" temperature set to 55 degrees.

In heating mode it heats the UFH directly and I have the water leaving temperature set to 37 degrees.

I was trying to find a copy of the manual to have a look at. The exact model number would help to search to see if it is available on line.  Without seeing the manual I can't add much to whether there may be different options.

It is somewhat of a limitation if there is indeed only one set temperature available.

So what’s the issue with the single temperature on your set up? Shouldn’t you be setting it at a temperature appropriate for your DHW and letting the blending valve or whatever you have set up control the UFH at a lower temperature? 

The trouble with a single temperature is it will be a high temperature for DHW, so will be likely too hot for UFH and the heat pump will not run anywhere near as eficcient as it would running at a lower temperature for heating.

20 hours ago, newhome said:

So what’s the issue with the single temperature on your set up? Shouldn’t you be setting it at a temperature appropriate for your DHW and letting the blending valve or whatever you have set up control the UFH at a lower temperature? 

That’s what I do.  

20 hours ago, ProDave said:

The trouble with a single temperature is it will be a high temperature for DHW, so will be likely too hot for UFH and the heat pump will not run anywhere near as eficcient as it would running at a lower temperature for heating.

Edited by Ian Nixon