Which stand-alone air purifier.

I have been trying to find an old thread from about 6 months ago which discussed wood burners and how they introduce particulate air pollution directly into home most notably during ash cleaning. At the time someone confirmed in the thread that he saw a spike in measured airborne particles following woodburner emptying but his brand name air purifier quickly cleaned the air.

Since moving into the static caravan I am noticing higher dust levels than I am used to and want to purchase one or two air purifiers. Could someone suggest a make/model?

Any of the Blueair Range, these are rated the best air purifiers in the world, and filter down to 0.1micron, much smaller than most HEPA which do to 0.3micron.

We have two Blue Pure 411's which are classed as entry level, but as far as we can tell do a good job (hard to really know), and also come with a small amount of carbon to absorb smells/gasses: https://www.breathingspace.co.uk/air-purifiers-c1/blueair-blue-pure-411-air-purifier-with-combination-filter-p232

Obviously the more expensive units with SmokeStop are better for getting rid of smells and gasses, all depends how much you want to spend.

EDIT: Just changed the filters for the first time today, done every 6 months, and my god were the old filters black! New filters are £20 each, so not stupidly expensive.

Edited by MikeGrahamT21
  • Like 1