LPG boiler exhaust airflow is continuous.

epsilonGreedy

A Gassafe chap commissioned the boiler in my static caravan earlier this week which now feels like a home rather than a refuge. Everything seems good from a heating point of view except there is a warm exhaust airflow that runs for hours including periods when no gas is burning. Is this normal? I ask because the cumulative heat loss must be costly.

Temperature regulation of the radiators and combi hotwater seems good. The Worcester 24i boiler is of unknown age and there were multiple cases of frost related damage discovered when mains water was connected to the caravan. I have not found a room thermostat.

37 minutes ago, Nickfromwales said:

Is it the pilot light in the boiler ? Static vans don’t often have electronic ignition devices, instead you have the piezo button to spark and ignite manually. That flame is there 24/7 ;)  

I will check again for the pilot light but the exhaust airflow I am referring to is driven by a fan I reckon. Would I be correct in thinking that after a burn cycle, forced exhaust ventilation of the boiler should switch off after a few minutes?

2 hours ago, LA3222 said:

Sounds like you are having fun getting it up and running! Mine is due to arrive on site on Wednesday.

If there are any tight country lanes then best have loppers and a saw to hand. I could pop up the road to assist if that would help?

1 hour ago, epsilonGreedy said:

If there are any tight country lanes then best have loppers and a saw to hand. I could pop up the road to assist if that would help?

Appreciate the offer - should be ok hopefully....a by cable may be too low, we shall see!

Hope you solve the boiler issue - I may find myself with similar issues in a few days!