ICF COSTS

HI, 

been doing some searching and contacting suppliers 

durisol   £65 per sq m

integraspec  with extra insulation  45 euros 

Integraspec without extra insulation 42 euros

integraspec insulated raft  300mm thick approx  +edges up around the slab   35euros  sqm

any body got any other prices ?

Edited by scottishjohn

The price of the raw material is not the only cost to take into account; the biggest annoyance (on our build) was the cost of mishandling the blocks. In other words - the couldn't-give-a-stuff-itis  

• It matters if other blocks are used as a cutting surface , so when the builder uses those blocks there are so many cuts on it that the block bursts. 
  • It matters if there is only one supplier: we used more than we thought we would, and instead of just popping down to the BM, you have to arrange a palletised delivery. Despite being repeatedly asked, our builder seemed to take delight it tell us we needed more blocks five minutes before they disappeared off site.
  • It matters if the blocks are laid without care and subsequently, instead of relaying,  bashed into place with a piece of 3 by 2 - and so fractured, causing the inevitable burst. 
  • Ask about delivery lead time. Its getting longer.....

On balance, those carelessnesses added nearly 5% to the raw price.

By the way, just been to a local Durisol build. An appreciable number of (as yet unused) blocks were  5mm more 'out' . QA, it seems is becoming an issue. They should not have left the factory.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, recoveringacademic said:

The price of the raw material is not the only cost to take into account; the biggest annoyance (on our build) was the cost of mishandling the blocks. In other words - the couldn't-give-a-stuff-itis  

• It matters if other blocks are used as a cutting surface , so when the builder uses those blocks there are so many cuts on it that the block bursts. 
  • It matters if there is only one supplier: we used more than we thought we would, and instead of just popping down to the BM, you have to arrange a palletised delivery. Despite being repeatedly asked, our builder seemed to take delight it tell us we needed more blocks five minutes before they disappeared off site.
  • It matters if the blocks are laid without care and subsequently, instead of relaying,  bashed into place with a piece of 3 by 2 - and so fractured, causing the inevitable burst. 
  • Ask about delivery lead time. Its getting longer.....

On balance, those carelessnesses added nearly 5% to the raw price.

By the way, just been to a local Durisol build. An appreciable number of (as yet unused) blocks were  5mm more 'out' . QA, it seems is becoming an issue. They should not have left the factory.

thats handy to know --have durisol been made aware of that problem 

at 50% more expensive than integraspec i doubt i will be going that way ,but maybe brother will

with zonts +zuccles being cheap  it makes the advantage of no bracing that Durisol has --less important 

you can buy the zonts cheaper than you can hire bracing ,then sell on  and use the 4x2 wood for interior stud walls etc

current prices from ukagent  

Hi John,

Many thanks for your enquiry.

The Zonts are £12 each and come in boxes of 20 units, while the Zuckles are £18 each and come in boxes of 10 units.  All prices plus VAT and delivery.

Regards,

Najem Al-Hasan

Edited by scottishjohn

Can't comment on the duriosl.

The icf costs are pretty competitive, what thickness is the extra insulation?  

Is the raft a mix of EPS 100/300 or 100% EPS 300 as if the latter it's bang on! 

The zonts are a good product.

Also watch shipping costs I underestimated this on my insulated raft material from Ireland while the nudara price inc shipping.

Edited by Alexphd1

• 1 year later...
34 minutes ago, Tom See said:

Hi does anyone have a rough cost of Velox wall system per m2 or where to find some useful price guides?! 

ring the agent 

http://www.velox-systems.co.uk/#2

I would qualify any of the costs you think you have got @sqm price by saying 

get your design and plans done first -send them to suppliers for them to quote 

and don,t forget to include bracing hire costs for those that need it

Edited by scottishjohn

24 minutes ago, scottishjohn said:

ring the agent 

http://www.velox-systems.co.uk/#2

I would qualify any of the costs you think you have got @sqm price by saying 

get your design and plans done first -send them to suppliers for them to quote 

and don,t forget to include bracing hire costs for those that need it

Cheers, 

I'm actually a student doing a university project where I have to design a house for a family for that's self build able for £50000 and meets passivehaus standards (practically impossible I know ?) and test it using Energy plus softwaere but just after some very rough price estimates. It's a 2 floor flat roof 7x8m house

7 minutes ago, Tom See said:

Cheers, 

I'm actually a student doing a university project where I have to design a house for a family for that's self build able for £50000 and meets passivehaus standards (practically impossible I know ?) and test it using Energy plus softwaere but just after some very rough price estimates. It's a 2 floor flat roof 7x8m house

rough estimate prices will make nonsense of your project 

the prices need to be accurate if it is to have any validity 

maybe you should be emailing velox in poland diect and tell them what you are doing  .

or indeed and ofthe sduppliers of systems youare putting in your study

Thanks I'll do that. Perhaps a more relevant question to people on this group could be whether relating to cost, build ability, preference etc. Aside from the velox wall system would (or have) people used the velox floor/ceiling/ roof systems or found it easier using an alternative? I.e suspended timber floor or timber roof etc

26 minutes ago, Tom See said:

Thanks I'll do that. Perhaps a more relevant question to people on this group could be whether relating to cost, build ability, preference etc. Aside from the velox wall system would (or have) people used the velox floor/ceiling/ roof systems or found it easier using an alternative? I.e suspended timber floor or timber roof etc

again Iwould sday ask  in polland on the internet there ,as they have been using it for 30years +

very few users in UK -

• 7 months later...