Controlling individual room temps with one zone

joe90

As most of you will have seen I have been working hard to get my ASHP working!!!, now that it is, we have noticed that the lounge feels a little colder than the other rooms, this may be because it’s the only room we sit in, the others we are usually more active in so that may be the case. Our downstairs is all one zone but I wondered if I could up the temp in the lounge simply by upping the flow rate to the two loops within that room? I did not want to create different zones by using stats on the manifold.

Open up the flow rate for the 2 loops to this room (don't unwind the flow meters more than about 3 turns in total or it all gets very wet!!!)

If you can't achieve higher flow to those loops that way, then slow down the flow to the other rooms instead.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, joe90 said:

Wunda did this for me and specced 90 -100 m loops, x 5, two on the kitchen diner, two on the lounge and one for hall and cloak. Suggested flow of 2ltr-min (well, 2 something?).

So...... I take it they assumed equal heat loss for all rooms then ..??! You should do a set of calcs (LoopCAD does it by design) that show the losses per room and then this drives the loop spacing, flow rate and target flow temperature. It sounds like they have gone for a static loss and static spacing / flow with the loops being virtually equal in length. 

I would look at reducing some flows and increasing others to increase the heat to the living room.