ASHP shortage?

newhome

So a while ago, during the 20% off Sunamp promotion a guy I work with ordered a Sunamp and ASHP. He had a site visit earlier in the week (having chased them up) but they have told him that due to some change in French law whereby gas and oil heating systems are now hugely taxed everyone is installing ASHPs so there is a massive shortage of the one they fit (Daikin Bi-bloc). They’ve said it could be Feb before they can get one. Sound feasible? 

When I had a fault with my first one, and I was briefly considering getting a refrigeration engineer to re gas i came across much discussion that the refrigerant gasses were limited in supply by quotas.

You can't believe all you read on the internet but if that is the case they may not be able to just ramp up manufacture.

It would be ironic if an energy saving thing like a heat pump was restricted in number due to concerns about the gases  used inside them.

Found this in the Daikin financial report too:

In the Heating business, sales grew from higher demand for heat pump hot water heating systems due to stricter environmental regulations in France and Italy.