Grand designs

nod

Much prefer building the dream 

with ordinary people Rather than these who have an ecstatics 100 k in there back pocket Should they need it 

I was just making this point to my wife when a lady who had used lots of Nickuraguan mahogany 

Kevin’s asked why Nickiraguan 

She replied went on holiday Saw an island there Decided to buy it and build a hotel

I rest may case 

36 minutes ago, nod said:

Much prefer building the dream 

with ordinary people Rather than these who have an ecstatics 100 k in there back pocket Should they need it 

I was just making this point to my wife when a lady who had used lots of Nickuraguan mahogany 

Kevin’s asked why Nickiraguan 

She replied went on holiday Saw an island there Decided to buy it and build a hotel

I rest may case 

Said the exact same thing yesterday!

8 hours ago, lizzie said:

Watched GD tonight for the first time in a couple of years.....been too busy building my own ....I didnt like any of tonights offerings!

Me neither

There are some beautiful contemporary builds 

But some of these designs while looking unique Don’t look that great 

They're not all like that. The last one I watched was a family near Leominster who ended up with a black tin shack. They had quite a lot of tribulations and had to redesign to be able to build something affordable. Ended up with a simple, but acceptable design.

They're still middle class and comfortably off, but no sign of an extra 100k in the back pocket.

1 hour ago, billt said:

They're not all like that. The last one I watched was a family near Leominster who ended up with a black tin shack. They had quite a lot of tribulations and had to redesign to be able to build something affordable. Ended up with a simple, but acceptable design.

They're still middle class and comfortably off, but no sign of an extra 100k in the back pocket.

But did they buy an island and build a hotel on it ?

• Haha 1

I thought the house in Henley was stunning - ICONIC (overused word I know) and they took their time to get it right and must have spent millions. I guess its about learning how to appreciate things which don't exude bling but nonetheless have cost a lot to achieve, as was I suspect the case with the Henley house last evening.