Greenbelt PD and Special Circumstances

CADjockey

Has anyone on here got any experience of PP under Special Circumstances, or what exactly constitutes ‘harm’ to the Greenbelt? 

We are not surprised by the negative response from planning to our replacement dwelling proposal in the Greenbelt but it seems to me that a policy is not a law and there is no definitive definition for ‘harm’ that I can find. I guess that’s why God invented appeals! Moreover we can expand into a much bigger footprint under PD pretty much without any let or hindrance, so which is more harmful? Planning, you’ve got to have a sense of humour!

We have built on what was classed as green belt we were refused the first application, we had no idea it was green belt it was just land we bought with the cottage, at the same time as we were refused land next to us (also green belt) was granted pp for 5 houses, we got a councillor on side which resulted in a visit from the chief planning guy, we were outside the settlement boundary , however when he looked at the potential site and the cottage with various outbuildings he decided a new house could be placed at a certain position to make it part of the cluster of buildings already there, probably a different scenario for you though but getting a councillor on side definitely helped