My Options on mvhr

Anyone with experience advise on best choice of mvhr unit would be best out of the 2 suggested by bcp

airflow bv 400 or vent axia kinetic plus b

i think the noteable difference is the fact that the vent axia has imtermal humidistat which should help in bathrooms any other selling points?

i didnt even know i was supposed to have one of these until last week but am keen to get on an order it.

The difference in price is around £600

air flow plus all fittings inc 200m ducting around £2100

vent axia plus fittings £2650

these are supply only our budget is getting swallowed so we will be self installing are their plans easy to follow

i read somewhere that the posh ducting is not needed they have quoted for radial crush proof quiet vent, maybe i could downgrade this to make it cheaper?

thanks

• Like 1

I also need to firm up on MVHR for a 96m2 house.

BPC have suggested

• Xpelair QVI @ £1250
  • Airflow DV96 @ £1690

ADM have suggested Sentinel Kinetic BH1

then there are also:

• Paul Novus 450F @ c. £3300
  • Brink 400+ @ £1592 180 @ £1240 [or Ubbink180 @ £800 on disposal discount from CVC]
  • Genvex GES EnergyS
  • Nuaire WH2

Any views, recommendations, criteria, welcomed.

I plan to investigate purchase cost, running costs [elec, filters], efficiency,...?

I will use radial ducting.

Also advice on controls welcomed.

Edited by Auchlossen
amend model cost Brink, amend criteria last 3 lines

10 minutes ago, Auchlossen said:

I also need to firm up on MVHR for a 96m2 house.

• Brink 400+ @ £1592

The Brink 400+ seems like overkill for a 96m2 house.  We have that model for a 289m2 house!

You could go for the 300 or even the 180 model: http://cvcdirect.co.uk/Whole House Ventilation/renoventexcellen.html

One good thing about the Brink units is that the filters can be vacuumed and reused.  When that's no longer effective, you can just replace the filter medium yourself, as it's simply installed onto a rectangular wire frame that can presumably be reused.

• 2 months later...

Just to update, I am now going to use the Airflow DV96 Adroit max 320m3/hr, with radial ducting and dual pipes to kitchen extract and possibly lounge supply. I struggled to draw any very useful comparison between several rival models, and this seems a good model. I shall use cheap metal supply valves, since the PVC ones that I used 10 years ago looked rather like PVC :|

Jacks point about reusable filters is something which is a feature for me about our final choice  when we get to it - all these many different models and manufacturers around makes me think that in only a few years time, some owners may struggle to get the filters any more, so one with a filter which is cleanable and actually can be remade yourself seems a damn good idea.

Edited by curlewhouse
  • Like 1

The filters in our last unit were simply cut from large sheets of filter media which you could buy per metre online (rather than pre-cut from the manufacturer at 10 times the price).  

http://www.justfans.co.uk/synthetic-air-filter-media-1000mm-1000mm-p-642.html?gclid=CJr1ha7yqMACFRDItAodxz0AHQ&osCsid=5tri9fcf5dksj8l7uc5gfddt84

The unit we have bought for the new house (Vent Axia) has the filter media enclosing a metal frame, but my good lady has already indicated she'll be able to sew a piece of filter media to fit round the frame as and when it requires replacement.  

This company came up as a source for reasonably priced filters on ebuild

http://www.jfilters.com/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1