shower dilemmas

I intended buying all my sanitaryware from one place (British Bathrooms/Bradford Bathrooms).  However problem after problem means I have to go as cheap as possible whilst still getting value for money and something that looks good and does the job well.

Unfortunately it's that typical dilemma of wanting - good quality, good price and good time.  

Definitely looking for substance more than style and the one place where my budget will be tempered with style (to a degree) is my own shower.  

I have my en-suite which will include a 900 x 1200 shower, toilet and basin - I did want wall hung but have given up on that idea.  

I know what I want now, more or less but am really stuck with the shower tray.

There are so many out there with so many different prices.  

At British bathrooms the antislip finish is about £400 more than the ordinary one - is this something worth paying the extra for?  Are the ordinary ones very slippery? Is there any way of treating an ordinary one to make it anti slip. 

Anyone purchased from Ebay and would recommend or otherwise any seller?

I need to get the trays ordered as first fix plumbing is starting on Saturday

Edited by Hecateh

You can use a rubber mat like the ones they provide in hotels where shower is over bath. Less than £20 when I bought one for an elderly relative.

£400 extra sounds a lot ....do you want to tell us your budget and we may be able to suggest something?

As mentioned £400 extra sounds a huge amount, have you got a link to the tray? My folks have recently fitted a Mira Flight 1200x900mm and it was around £150 I think. Might be a budget offering but seems decent enough so far.

In fact a quick google suggests the same tray can be had in a 'safe' non slip version for about £50 more which makes the £400 seem excessive.

Apologies - that should be £40 more - 

It's £108 without the antislip and £149 with - I'm hoping to get the whole bathroom for under £400 lol

http://www.britishbathroomcompany.co.uk/showers?cat=72&color=8&p=2

so I think it's a pretty good price - but even £40 needs justifying.  I'm wondering how much difference it makes.  I am will to pay it if it does make a difference.

3 minutes ago, Hecateh said:

Are the stone trays non slip?

I think so, I had stone tray in one shower and it was not slippery.  I would say go for a stone if you can because they are less prone to movement and so less prone to leaks where the tray and tiles join and you can get water ingress with moving tray and silicone seal at tiles.

TBH I think go for the best tray you can manage its an important part of your bathroom, other areas can be economised on perhaps

Edited by lizzie