OK, who nicked my window cill covers?

ToughButterCup

Our Gaulhofer windows are being fitted a year almost to the day after they should have been fitted. Monday next week.

I thought I'd check to see if all the bits and bobs - cill covers, compariband etc. were ready for the crew (6) who are coming to fit them. 

A good few window cill covers were missing : and for the life of me I couldn't work out why.

Slowly, oh so slowly the truth dawned. The roofers had used some (not all) of the window cill covers as the flashing that surrounds the solar  panels. 

• Sad 1

We  have Gaulhofer windows and most our windows cills were the wrong size - my fault, as it turned out!  Anyway, we had the replacements manufactured in the UK and didn't reorder from Gaulhofer , as this was lot cheaper (though we did get a healthy discount because our installer had done a lot of work with them). They also made a lot of other aluminium pieces for the garage  and so on

I will pull out the supplier details, if it is of interest. They manufacture cills for other window suppliers - Internorm etc

Edited by HerbJ