SBR Bonding Agent

Onoff

It was I think a suggestion over on eBuild that I use SBR rather than PVA to seal the concrete floor in the bathroom. Glad I did. If ever there was evidence of how "tough" the product is it was proved to me last night. I'd left probably half a litre of the stuff diluted at 5:1 in a plastic jug in the corner of the room. Me being me and the time it takes for me to do anything it had evaporated. Was was left in the base of the jug was akin to armour I kid you not. With PVA I could have peeled it off and re-used the jug. I tried levering the SBR coating off with a flat blade screwdriver and it was a bitch. It was so well adhered to the inside of the jug & I could hardly even dig into it. In the end I put the screwdriver thru the jug wall as that gave up. 

We used that stuff too - amazing it can stick to plastic like that.  Tiler would have been happy with PVA

P.S. - What is it with the building trade and putting bloody PVA in/on everything?  Concrete, paint, plaster, as a base coat for every single thing in the build?  It's like they all get given shares in a PVA factory when they join the trade!