Multipanel tile effect

I know everyone raves about Multipanels and we are planning to use for teh bathroom.  But just wondered if anyone had used the tile effect ones:

https://www.multipanel.co.uk/products/walls/tile-wall-panels

They are made from a different material to the normal ones, not sure if they are better/worse/just as good?  They only have a 10 yr warranty versus 15 years for the normal ones

Any comments welcome

I think I would want to compare them with other similar products rather than the 11mm multipanels ... for those the popularity is based on the plywood not mdf as used by other  competitors core, and the aqualock joints, and long experience.

The simulated tiled ones seem to be 3mm thick made of plastic of some sort and are therefore a different animal. The good reputation of the others says they are likely to be good, but would not convince me to take a flier without a recommendation. But I am conservative on such things.

F

Edited by Ferdinand
  • Thanks 1

I'll start by saying I am not a fan of multipanel and would not have them myself.  Some friends have had the tiled effect ones in latest house (they had the regular ones in last house) and I can't say I am impressed at all.  Looks like a park home to me but what do I know LOL

• Thanks 1

We've had the plain finish Multipanel in the bathroom at our old house for a few years now, and been very impressed with it.  Easy to keep clean, no grout lines to clean and get mould off, and a smooth surface that is easy to just wipe clean and remove limescale from.  We're so impressed that I've used plain finish Multipanel in the new house, really just because it's easy to clean and stays looking like new for years.

Not sure about the simulated tile stuff, TBH, it looks as if it's trying to be something it isn't.  The plain Multipanel doesn't pretend to be anything other than what it is, a laminated ply waterproof wall board.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, lizzie said:

I'll start by saying I am not a fan of multipanel and would not have them myself.  Some friends have had the tiled effect ones in latest house (they had the regular ones in last house) and I can't say I am impressed at all.  Looks like a park home to me but what do I know LOL

Thanks for the comments, think I will stay clear.  I am curious, what do you mean by a 'park house' @lizzie

7 minutes ago, JSHarris said:

There are some photos of the bathrooms in our new house here if they help: http://www.mayfly.eu/2014/09/part-thirty-three-system-details-and-the-bathrooms/

Thanks for the pictures, the panels look good, Can you remember which ones they were, It looks like the second picture were travertine

22 minutes ago, Jude1234 said:

Thanks for the pictures, the panels look good, Can you remember which ones they were, It looks like the second picture were travertine

The panels in the shower room are new sandstone, slightly textured, finish ones, the other bathroom is done with left over travertine style gloss panel offcuts that I'd saved from when I refurbished the bathroom in our old house, so were around 6 or 7 years old when I installed them.  I've just checked, and the panels in the old house were installed in 2010, so are 8 years old, and they still looks as good now as they did when I fitted them.

• Thanks 1

I too like Multi-Panel, mainly because the large, smooth , unbroken surface is easy to clean and dry - no grout to grow black mould.

However, what is the point of using a panel that looks like tile? You get the worst of both worlds.

Ours is a sort of glitter effect, doesn't pretend to be anything other than a decorative panel. I don't think it looks anything like a park home - it's about 4 times the size apart from anything else, but opinions differ.

Multipanel.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1