ASHP with pre-plumbed cylinder

One of the options flagged by my plumber when discussing my heating and DHW was installing a Mitsubishi Ecodan and pre-plumbed cylinder

https://heating.mitsubishielectric.co.uk/Products/Pages/Monobloc_Pre_Plumbed_Standard_Cylinders.aspx

as a simple all in one solution.  Sounds and looks great at first glance, a nice neat and easy solution, both heating and DHW from the same cylinder. The red flag for me was when he said the cylinder operates at 60C, which to my mind either means significantly reduced COP in respect of the ASHP, or that electric back up (immersion) is being used to top up the cylinder all the time.  

TBH, I can't really see any advantages to using such a set up, other than speed and ease of installation.  Comments?

Same here.  We have a Panasonic monobloc. The unit itself is very high performance and good value.  But as soon as you get into accessories it gets eye-watering!  Pre-plumbed cylinders were more than twice the cost of a much better insulated equivalent from a third party (and there was no way of getting better insulation on the Panasonic one).