Insulating water main

My main supply will come in under my block n beam floor

it will be in a duct to allow for it to pass up through the block n beam and into the plant room, it will be ducted all the way to the outside and then down to the correct depth to allow for frost protection 

would anybody insulate it in this duct, what is the temperature likely to drop to under the block n beam

i thought I could insulate the part entering the duct for about a metre and the bit that exits the duct through the floor, I was thinking the duct would give adequate protection against freezing. 

What you reckon people. 

1 hour ago, Russell griffiths said:

My main supply will come in under my block n beam floor

it will be in a duct to allow for it to pass up through the block n beam and into the plant room, it will be ducted all the way to the outside and then down to the correct depth to allow for frost protection 

would anybody insulate it in this duct, what is the temperature likely to drop to under the block n beam

i thought I could insulate the part entering the duct for about a metre and the bit that exits the duct through the floor, I was thinking the duct would give adequate protection against freezing. 

What you reckon people. 

It’s not required as the space under a house rarely drops to below 2-3c anyway. If the duct is continuous to the plant room then it will also insulate it.